The age of the internet has made many things possible but the kind of impact it has on Business and Business models has been unprecedented. Today, there are multiple ways in which businesses can be set up and run and the most interesting part is that Businesses can be set up online from scratch with minimum or no money required.
Useful Tips Before Starting An Online Business
The lockdown saw a huge surge in online Business models, earlier apprehensions about such out-of-the-box ideas were removed by the pandemic and the need to stay home.
This, in turn, meant a huge demand for Online Business be it apparel, food, groceries, medicines, and everything imaginable. There are multiple ways of setting up Online Businesses but this article focuses on starting an Online Business for free.
Social media and online marketing play a huge role in helping people start online businesses and provide a massive platform for new business owners who have monetary limitations.
- Facebook Marketplace is one such place where one can start listing and selling items according to your niche. It is a free platform and a popular platform for beginners to get started. The interface is easy to use and business owners get a huge platform to list, advertise and sell their goods to potential customers.
- Another very popular option is Instagram where business owners have the flexibility of advertising, listing and/or directly selling their products. In the last five years, there has been a huge growth in both Instagram and Facebook pages for Business owners. From fashion, food, handmade items to gadgets, toys and groceries – these marketplaces cater to all options. WhatsApp is also another platform where sellers can engage with their customers. You need to set up a business account and add a payment option for you to get started.
- Blogging is also another important way of setting up an online business for free, bloggers can sign up to free blogging sites like WordPress and use their site to monetize their content. Many popular fashion bloggers, food bloggers and travel bloggers have created successful businesses over the years by blogging. They provide services like paid collaborations and marketing for brands, blogging is one of the most popular business models that requires no capital or huge investment and works purely on marketing and creating a virtual social presence.
- YouTube is also another option for setting up an Online business, you have the option to monetize your channel by creating content regularly and consistently. The pandemic saw a huge rise in the YouTube community of content creators, and it became one of the most popular sites for people looking to make a beginning.
- For online business enthusiasts, large e-commerce websites also provide a good platform. Basically, business owners can list their products on the website (like amazon, flipkart, snapdeal, etc) and sell via their interface. This reduces their inventory costs and listing costs to the minimum if not free. They have an already established customer base and can start selling immediately.
- Influencer marketing and affiliate marketing is another suitable option for people looking to get into online business. Affiliate marketing basically works in paid commissions where if you are paid a certain amount of money for marketing and promoting various different products, e-commerce giants like amazon have a great affiliate marketing option.
With all these options available at the tip of one’s fingers, all one needs is a computer or a smartphone and a stable internet connection. You can set up and run your online business from the comfort of your house. The options are endless and the possibilities limitless!